Here is part two in the series! Today I will be showcasing my list of basics with a hint of casual flare. If your coming into the series late and need a refresher on part 1 click here.
*Remember* A capsule wardrobe is “According to Faux, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that will not go out of fashion” so says Wikipedia. So basically it’s when you get together a bunch of staple pieces for your wardrobe that are season-less. The idea of a capsule wardrobe is that you can go to your closet and essentially get dressed in the dark.
Here is my list directly pasted from my iPhone (I found the template online) to give you an idea of how I have things structured:
• Beige & Black Chinos – they’re a classic and are perfect for any occasion. I have one beige pair and a black pair.
• Levi 508s – Buy two pairs in black and blue. Don’t be too precious with them. They're about the same amount as the above jeans. 75-85 for jeans.
• Neutral Cotton Bermuda Shorts – essential for the summer. Buy them in timeless colors such as navy, black, khaki or beige.
• Oxford Cloth Button-Down Shirts – white, blue and pink is all you need my friend.
• Leather Jacket – something classic and simple in black or brown.
• V-neck Sweaters & Cardigans – aim for quality such as merino wool or cashmere and stick to versatile colors such as grey, beige, brown and navy.
• Shawl Neck Cardigans – chunky knit but slim cut in navy and grey. 2 of these will suffice.
• T-shirts – crew necks and v necks in white, grey and navy. Buy spares. Graphic tees that display my personality.
• Short Sleeve White Blue & Pink Dress Shirts – make sure you focus on quality and fit. Get two solid versions of each color and then one more of each in a flattering trendy pattern but no rush.
• Crew Neck Sweater – in grey and navy for those lazy Sundays on the sofa. Paired with harem sweat shorts from H&M in black. They are so are comfortable!
• Navy Pea Coat – easy style points and can be found for cheap at army surplus stores. Thrift thrift thrift.... Or ASOS. H&M & Forever 21 Men have a good selection of outer wear as well, and there is also eBay.
Since I generally have a more prepster-ish aesthetic this list may not be for everyone. However, this should give you the framework to find what works for you. Stay tuned, more to come :-D
What's in your capsule collection? What would you change from the list above?